Simple Luxuries Without Breaking The Bank? 嘘でしょ！？ August 23 2016
Love the taste of Uni but hate to splurge on the Sashimi-grade Hokkaido Uni on the regular?
Try the Neri Uni (Uni preserved in salt - made with quality Uni that are in broken parts that aren't suitable or pretty enough for the boxes) or the Neri Uni Sticks that we've specially imported (though in very limited amounts) that come in 4 different flavors.
Here are some simple recipes from our Japanese friends using the Neri Uni to make dishes that are easy to do almost everyday!
Sea Urchin pasta (with Uni paste)
- Neri Uni 100g
- Butter 10g
- Spring onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Dress the boiled pasta with Neri Uni and butter.
2. Stir in spring onions followed by Doubanjiang small amounts at a time.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Top with fresh Uni if desired.
Sea urchin grilled rice ball (Onigiri)
- Cooked rice
- Neri Uni
1. Make Onigiri.
2. Spread Neri Uni on one side of the Onigiri then toast it until slight brown.
Grilled Tsukune with Sea Urchin Paste
- Neri Uni
- Minced chicken meat 300g
- 10CM Lotus root
- 1 tbsp starch
- Sesame oil
1. Mix all the ingredients together and form chicken balls of your desired size.
2. Pan grill Tsukune on both sides before spreading Neri Uni on side and grilling it again.