Uni Risotto January 30 2015
It has been waaaaay too long since an update so here we are! If you've been looking at the #ZairyoSG hashtag on Instagram, you'd realize that apart from the usual chirashi and Uni porn, there are a couple of rather interesting dishes prepared with our produce.
There's a common misconception that we cater only for Japanese cuisine. While it is true that we supply mostly to Japanese restaurants, fresh produce shouldn't be limited to only sashimis and chirashis, no?
We digress. We've experimented with our favourite ingredient, Uni, at home a couple of times now and we think this decadent Uni risotto recipe would impress anyone at your dinner party!
- 500 gr. Arborio Rice
- 1 Small White Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- Olive Oil
- 200 ml. Dry White Wine
- 1,600 ml. Chicken Stock
- 100 cl. Sea Urchin Puree
- 60 gr. Butter Diced
- 30 cl. Olive Oil
- 40 gr. Grated Parmesan
- Caviar or Ikura
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Sweat the garlic and onion in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add rice and cook over medium heat for two to three minutes stirring constantly.
- Add white wine and continue to stir over medium heat until completely reduced and absorbed by the rice.
- Add chicken stock a third at a time and continue to stir over medium heat until completely absorbed by the rice.
- Once your risotto is al dente and ready to serve, stir in sea urchin puree, butter and olive oil. Season with salt to taste.
- Finish by stirring in grated parmesan.
Divide risotto into serving bowls. Top with uni pieces, caviar/ikura and dill to complete dish.
Show us your final product or your own creations by tagging us on Instagram! #ZairyoSG and @ZairyoSG
Until the next time,